Friday, February 15, 2008

Mmmmmacaroons


I know it doesn't look very exciting but these coconut macaroons are my very first creations out of my spanking new Excalibur 5-tray dehydrator. When I first went raw I decided I didn't want to deal with the whole dehydrating aspect of raw food preparation but I was lured to the other side when all my favorite raw recipe books kept flaunting all these exciting things that are possible with a dehydrator. These little poo nuggets are from the book Raw Food, Real World. One of the authors, Sarma, sells these on her website One Lucky Duck. I have been hooked on these macaroons (they have them at my local health food store) for the past few months but they sell them for $10 for a dozen. I can't afford to fork over that kind of cash just for dessert. Now I can make 3 dozen for $10 and they haven't been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long. They came out fantastic by the way. Now I'm making Matt Amsden's famous onion bread. It takes 36 hours to make. Yep. 36 hours. The house does smell amazing with that fresh baked smell but the wait is going to kill me. I've got about 12 hours to go till I get my hands on that goodness. Mmmmmm!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails